- 2017 ~ 2019, Master of Accounting, School of Business, University of New South Wales ，Australia; WAM: 73.3/100
- 2013 ~ 2017, Bachelor of Accounting, School of Accounting, Hebei University of Economics and Business，China; WAM: 80/100
2020-01 ~ Present
Consultant, Data Analytics
2019-08 ~ 2019-12 (4 months)
The University of Sydney
2018-12 ~ 2019-09 (10 months)
Data Analyst Intern
Travelzoo (Australia) PTY Ltd
- Developed an automated program (web scraper) that identifies and stores the marketing data in database to produce the desired reports.
Developed multiple macros and R scripts to collect information from multiple sources(ERP, Excel, Text …), analyse data and generate report automatically.Saved more than 50% time.
Collected and maintained history operation database and built up weekly operation report for the whole APAC(Asia Pacific) area.
Provided operations support for APAC Team, for example: overseas collection deal price point conversion.
Handled ad-hoc report requirements from APAC team.
2017-08 ~ 2018-09 (1 year and 1 month)
Junior Financial Analyst
UBI Logistics (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Developed a billing system based on VBA and R which supports generating billing statements, email automation and aging analysis. This system significantly freed people from heavy and routine manual work, reduced 2 FTE (Full-time equivalent) and improved collecting accounts receivable.
Developed a procedure to analyse data, identify discrepancies and design reporting mechanism, which allow on-time and accurate measure of the company performance. This procedure is still utilised and has been able to recover more than 120,000 AUD in the past 1 year, which otherwise would be lost because of the information inaccuracy.
Built and maintained a MySQL finance database which helps finance department find discrepancies between forecast and real-time data, also responsible for designing data tables, managing permissions and setting up backups.
Worked as a consultant with a team of 5 co-workers from both China and Australia to establish an online invoicing system and successfully co-ordinated the project between finance and IT team.
Assisted both finance and operation teams to develop cost-efficient and high-performance technical solutions to automate heavy routine jobs and finish ad-hoc projects. As a result, many routine reporting jobs are now fully done by computers automatically and more than 50% time are saved.
2016-12 ~ 2017-2 (3 months)
Suzhou SiFO Smart Automation Inc.
- Undertook aging analysis as well as forecast of accounts receivable
- Successfully worked with a team of accountants to complete consolidated financial statements
- Controlled process for accounts payable (especially for purchases) from approving purchases, through checking invoice and goods-in form, to record in accounting software
- Wrote macros on co-workers’ request, resulting in saving of 15% time with regard to routine and manually works.
- CFA Level 1 Passed with top 10% among global candidates
- Mutiple data analytics courses accomplished in Datacamp (Examples)
- Excel(including VBA/Macro)